We started working towards IPP accreditation back in 2004 and received our first IIP award in January 2005. Our company has grown and changed a lot since then, but we still value every member of our organisation and are glad to see that reflected in our IIP status.
We receive regular visits from an IIP adviser who interviews our staff and makes recommendations for improvement. The IIP assessments measure our progress in a number of areas, all designed to help us make a working environment which encourages our staff to perform at their best.
At IIP’s suggestion, over the past few years we have:
- implemented regular surveys of staff to gather their feedback on our company culture and behaviour
- set down a defined statement of company values and the behaviours we want our staff to show
- simplified our appraisal process and made it less intimidating
- made our working hours more flexible
- simplified our job grade structure and provided more opportunity for personal development
…and much more.
Our working culture keeps everyone informed about the goals and vision of the company. Since we all know what we’re aiming for and what we’re supposed to be doing, we feel personally invested in the success of the company. That means we all work that much harder to get the job done and please our clients.
An attractive company culture helps us recruit and retain the best people. We have an impressive retention rate and low staff turnover. So our clients can get to know their contacts and be reassured of continuity.
These are just a couple of ways that being Investors In People has helped us grow our business and improve our services. There are plenty more. Our clients certainly appreciate us – read what some of them have to say about us here.