Working for us
You will have the opportunity to manage the production of journals, reports, books and other publications, in both print and digital form, for leading publishers and public sector organisations throughout Europe.
You will have direct contact with clients and the opportunity to develop a strong personal reputation for quality, reliability and delivering results. Note that we are a specialist publishing services company: our clients are publishers, but we are not.
The skills you bring to us will determine which team you work in and which clients you work for. We generally look for people with demonstrable experience of one or more of the following:
- editorial office management
- substantive editing or rewriting
- publishing project management.
First-class technical skills are important as well (see separate panel).
- Unless otherwise stated, all posts advertised here are full-time and are based in Perth. Full-time means working 37.5 hours weekly during Monday to Friday inclusive (there is a flexible working scheme).
- All employees, unless they opt out, are automatically enrolled in a contributory pension plan (to which the company currently contributes 3% of qualifying earnings).
- There is a scheme for providing financial support for long-term distance learning courses.
- Holiday entitlement is 29 days annually, including four company fixed days (two at Christmas and two at New Year), rising to 34 days after 3 years’ service.
- Occasional travel may be required, e.g. for training or to conferences or to clients’ offices in the UK or abroad (typically mainland Europe). This is a key requirement for all posts.
- An ideal background is a degree in science or humanities and either relevant publishing experience or a postgraduate publishing qualification. Relevant experience means experience gained in an editorial, design, production or technology environment, preferably with an STM or humanities publisher.
- We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status, or pregnancy or maternity status.
- We do not accept applications submitted by or sent via recruitment agencies.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and supply proof of this.
- We work on confidential and sensitive material. All employees must be able to pass a Disclosure Scotland background check (or other check as required by our clients).
Please use the tabs below to navigate to particular jobs.