Working for us
You will have the opportunity to manage the production of journals, books, reports and other documents for leading publishers and public sector organisations throughout Europe.
The skills you bring to us will determine which team you work in and which clients you work for. We generally look for people with strong experience of one or more of the following:
- editorial office management
- substantive editing or rewriting
- publishing project management.
First-class technical skills are always in demand too (see the side panel).
- Unless otherwise stated, all posts advertised here are full-time and are based in Perth. Full-time means working 37.5 hours weekly during Monday to Friday inclusive (there is a flexible working scheme).
- Holiday entitlement is 29 days annually, including four company fixed days (two at Christmas and two at New Year), rising to 34 days after 3 years’ service.
- Occasional travel may be required, e.g. for training or to conferences or to clients’ offices in the UK or abroad (typically mainland Europe).
- There is a company pension plan and a scheme for providing financial support for long-term distance learning courses.
- An ideal background is a degree in science or humanities and either relevant publishing experience or a postgraduate publishing qualification. Relevant experience means experience gained in an editorial, design or production environment, preferably with an STM or humanities publisher.
- We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status, or pregnancy or maternity status.
- We do not accept applications submitted by or sent via recruitment agencies.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We welcome speculative applications, particularly if you have solid publishing experience, even when we are not actively recruiting.
We will keep your details on file and consider your application if a vacancy comes up in the following 3 months.
If your application is particularly impressive, we might even call you for interview right away!Apply now!