Our business is based on macOS, currently version 10.14 (Mojave).
We have around 40 high-performance Mac workstations or laptops.
Editors use office software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
We have an extensive suite of custom Word macros to complement the work of on-screen editing. These assist our editors, but do not replace detailed copy-editing. The full suite of macros is capable of detecting and correcting several thousand different problems.
For design, layout and typesetting, we also use Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge).
If you require us to use Windows-specific software, this is not a problem. We use Windows 10 run through Parallels.
You can view our Cyber Essentials Plus certificate here.
Our IT resources include:
- custom-written apps and scripts that support effective, modern publishing workflows
- managed software installation, upgrades and configuration for all staff
- high-quality, high-speed, A3 and A4 colour proofing
- document scanning in colour
- high-capacity file servers, which are backed up every 15 minutes
- email, calendar and contacts servers to support group working
- secure messaging and communications